BSM believe that the vast majority of people come to work intending to do a good job and that it is possible to significantly and sustainably reduce human errors. This starts with a deeper understanding of how and why humans make errors.
BSM has a practical and highly effective methodology for Human Error reduction in Lab and processing environments (covering both errors in documentation and testing or task execution) This typically includes:
- Establishing and training both an Internal HER / HEP “Project” team and (later) an Internal HER / HEP “Process” team
- BSM will support the project team in an initial transformation project to design and implement HER / HEP processes, address culture change and design and implement improved Error Defences
- The “Process team” will manage the ongoing HER/HEP process after the initial transformation project and will continue as long as the process itself exists.
- HER & HPM (Human Performance Model) Awareness Training for stakeholders
- Detailed analysis of recent historical Deviations, Investigations & CAPA’s inc. Human Error categorization (e.g. Learning Gap, Memory Gap, Understanding GAP, Skills Gap, Errors of Omission, Application Errors)
- Creating an effective Error Reduction Culture
- Inclusion of Potential Human Errors in Method / Task Training
- Analysis of error pre-cursers and development of countermeasures
- Design of effective error defences. These are likely to include (but are not limited to) redesigned documentation, redesigned and simplified user centred SOP’s, checklists and PPM’s (Picture Process Maps)
- Design of the ongoing HER / HEP processes and training of the Process Team
- Integrating HER into Lab/Process visual management and Short Interval control processes
Please feel free to contact us or use our “set up a call” facility to discuss your particular support needs